In Key Stage One your child will learn:
- Read and produce a set of instructions that others can follow and that result in a planned outcome.
- Program a short sequence of commands.
- Program and test a simple program.
- Create algorithms to solve simple problems.
- Move around a website using buttons and imagine links.
- Find answers to simple questions using a website.
- Use drawing and text tools to give information.
- Enter the address of a website.
- Move around web content with purpose.
- Use a range of devices.
- Enter simple sentences using a keyboard.
- Use a mouse to point, click and drag objects around a screen.
- Select icons, items and print/save/retrieve work.
- Navigate documents.
- Create simple presentations that communicate meaning.
- Identify ways to keep safe online.
- Identify ways to use computers safely.
- Know that some information needs to be kept safe.
In Key Stage Two your child will learn:
- Write and amend computer programs.
- Use repeats and loops, repetition, variables and conditional statements in computer programs.
- Test, debug and refine algorithms and programs.
- Know that commands can be given in shorter form.
- Use search technology and clear search terms to view web pages and obtain data.
- Use a number of internet services, checking for accuracy and reliability.
- Create digital content for specific audiences and purposes.
- Use feedback to improve digital content.
- Identify improvements and refine their own work.
- Understand that information in the form of text, sound and pictures can be combined to create digital content.
- Create digital content that incorporates text, images and sound.
- Recognise the audience when creating digital content.
- Use advanced features of word processing or presentation software.
- Use and create databases.
- Identify ways of keeping safe online and to report any concerns.
- Communicate effectively and safely online.
- Use search criteria efficiently to find information and to check it for accuracy and reliability.