In everything we do as a School, we take into account of how we can get rid of discrimination, give pupils an equal chance, and encourage everyone to get along.
Here are some of the ways we do this:
- The Senior Leadership Team has responsibility for equality matters.
- There are clear procedures for dealing with prejudice –related bullying and incidents.
- The school gathers information on the pupil population broken down by ethnicity and gender.
- The school gathers information about significant difference in attainment between girls and boys, and between pupils of different ethnic backgrounds.
- We have a school Policy on Equality.
In Our Lady and St Werburghs we want to promote an improved sense of shared belonging in the School and the community.
Our Lady and St Werburghs is a community based on Gospel Values and the teachings of the Catholic Church, which aims to develop each person spiritually, intellectually, physically, culturally and socially.
At Our Lady and St Werburgh's Catholic Primary we achieve equality for all through:-
- Fostering a Christian environment in which the gospel values are paramount and practised within the school and parish community.
- Developing respect for others through an appreciation of God’s presence in every human being.
- Ensuring that every child benefits from a well-balanced curriculum delivered within commitment and enthusiasm.
- Ensuring that a secure, safe and fair environment exists in which children may develop self – esteem and sense of purpose, in order that their strengths be fully realised.
Valuing the partnership which exists between the school and the children’s families appreciating that the sharing of goals contributes greatly to the confidence and wellbeing of the child