Remote learning Year 6
If you have to self-isolate due to a positive PCR test you can access remote learning here.
Please inform me if there is any problem with access to the internet or printing. If you prefer a pre-printed home learning pack, you can collect this from the office.
Below is the home learning timetable and tasks suggested for Year 6 for 10 days of self-isolation.
'HOW TO' GUIDE
1. The school day is split into four sessions each lasting 1hour. Please take regular breaks as we would in school and rest if you feel unwell.
2. Click on the daily tasks and complete the lesson suggested, you will see that some subjects have more lessons than the required days for isolation, this gives you the choice to extend your learning further.
3. Complete the work either on paper or online.
4. Upload your work in Seesaw for feedback.
5. When you return to school, bring your work with you for your teacher to see.
6. Contact your teacher in Seesaw if you have any problems or contact the School office where someone will be able to help you.
(September 2021- passwords will be given out by the end of the second week)
These units are revision of work undertaken throughout Key Stage 2 and will complement work we do in school.
Click on the links for each of the daily tasks:
If you are expecting to be off school for longer than 10 days or if this is your second period of isolation please notify school and other work will be provided.
SETTING YOUR OWN ROUTINE:
Previously in lock down some families found that different things worked best for them. I do understand and support this and here are some
ideas for you to set your own schedule.
Here is a weekly timetable similar to one I shall be using, each session would last 1hour and I do not expect children to do any more than this at home.
If you wish to create your own timetable you can click here to print out. There are lots of different activities to choose from on the subjects pages which can be found by following the links on the Year 6 home page. Some of these are from the previous lockdown but are slowly being adapted.
Don't set your sights too high stick to English + Maths + 1 other subject each day (other subject can be Activity 3 or one of the extras or both!)
You can do Activity 3 on any day by switching them around but try to do English and Maths in order.
Extras will change fortnightly.