Remote learning Year 6: Block 1
Below is the home learning timetable and tasks suggested for Year 6 during an initial period of 10 days self-isolation due to a positive COVID -19 result.
'HOW TO' GUIDE
1. The school day is split into four sessions each lasting 1hour. Please take regular breaks as we would in school and rest if you feel unwell.
2. Click on the daily tasks and complete the lesson suggested, you will see that some subjects have more lessons than the required days for isolation, this gives you the choice to extend your learning further.
3. Complete the work either on paper or online.
4. Email your teacher if you need help or feedback.
5. When you return to school, bring your work with you for your teacher to see.
6. If you need help you can contact your teacher via email or by calling the schol office.
These units are revision of work undertaken throughout Key Stage 2 and will complement work we do in school.
Click on the links for each of the daily tasks:
If you have not had to isolate so far in Year 6 then start with Block 1 units below.
If you have already completed all this work and are isolating for a second time then complete the Second block of work.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO BOTH SETS IN ONE PERIOD OF ISOLATION.
If you are expecting to be off school for longer than 10 days please notify school and other work will be provided.
If this is your second period of isolation complete the second block of work here.
SETTING YOUR OWN ROUTINE:
Previously in lock down some families found that different things worked best for them. I do understand and support this and here are some
ideas for you to set your own schedule.
Here is a weekly timetable similar to one I shall be using, each session would last 1hour and I do not expect children to do any more than this at home.
If you wish to create your own timetable you can click here to print out. There are lots of different activities to choose from on the subjects pages which can be found by following the links on the Year 6 home page.
Don't set your sights too high stick to English + Maths + 1 other subject each day (other subject can be Activity 3 or one of the extras or both!)
You can do Activity 3 on any day by switching them around but try to do English and Maths in order.