School Games Tracking
At Our Lady & St Werburgh's we take PE and Sport very seriously.
We promote the Sainsbury's School Games and offer as much opportunity for activity and competitive sports to everyone, regardless of their ability.
Tracking participation in PE lessons, extra-curricular clubs and competitions is vital. All other subjects have tracking and assessment in place and PE & Sport is no exception. In line with the Ofsted document "Going the extra mile" we recognise the wider benefits that competitive sport can bring to our school and students. " In particular we aim to:
- recognise the role competitive sport plays in building the whole person
- embed competitive sport firmly in the school culture
- ensure there are competitive sports programmes available
- foster meaningful links with local clubs
- develop partnerships
- offer a range of sports
- provide enough time in the curriculum to attain high standards
- utilise expert coaches to work alongside teachers
This year we have a variety of sporting coaches in school to teach certain areas of the PE curriculum.
We use a progress pack to assess and track each child's sports participation and progress. These are currently levelled but are in line with our school tracking points assessment.
Packs are sent home and parents are kept fully informed about their child's participation in school games.
Participation in competitive Level 2 school games are celebrated weekly.